3rd European Sustainable Phosphorus Conference 2018
The third European Sustainable Phosphorus Conference (ESPC3) takes place
from 11 to 13 June 2018
in Helsinki, Finland.
The European Sustainable Phosphorus Conferences are the unique event bringing together companies, stakeholders, regional and national authorities, innovation and researchers, to discuss phosphorus sustainability actions and policies. This third conference (ESPC3) follows from the first two such European conferences in 2013 and 2015. In particular, the conference will present and assess integration of phosphorus and other nutrients into EU policies since the publication of the EU Consultative Communication on Sustainable Use of Phosphorus (2013), enable dialogue with industry and stakeholders concerning future policies and see success stories from companies and environmental management.
Objectives of the conference are:
- Update on implementation of EU Commission Consultation on Sustainable Phosphorus, 2013
- Bring together different sectors concerned by phosphorus sustainability: agriculture and fertilisers, food industry, dietary choices and health, industrial applications, trade and resources (EU Critical Raw Materials), recycling and the Nutrient Circular Economy, environmental impacts
- Make links with soil organic carbon sequestration, climate change
- Showcase research and innovation and business success stories from across Europe
- Global scientists call for phosphorus sustainability (UNEP Our Phosphorus Future project)
Conference highlights are:
- From the European Commission Consultative Communication on Sustainable Use of Phosphorus (2013), to policies today engaged, to perspectives for tomorrow
- Final workshop of the BSAG nutrient recycling business ecosystem
- Plenary presentations on success stories in nutrient recycling and nutrient emission abatement and ecosystem restoration, from Europe, worldwide and Finland
- Parallel sessions & poster sessions
- Company success stories
- Eutrophication mitigation success stories
- Conference Networking Dinner, Helsinki City Hall at Monday 11
- Wednesday 13th June: site visits to nutrient success stories for those interested
ESPC3 is jointly organised by the European Sustainable Phosphorus Platform(ESPP) and the Baltic Sea Action Group (BSAG), and supported by the Finnish Ministry of the Environmentand the Finnish Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, and EasyMining, Kemiraand Yara.
Registration is required. Further details on program and speaker as well as generell information can be found on the conference website.